The lovely Kat Crocker spoke about rocketing up your tutor group. She spoke about top tips for tutor time and things that have worked well at Clevedon School…
– go vertical
– give them jobs to do
– get organised by tracking students carefully
– plan your time together, quality time
– predict the news: watch the news and then predict what the news will be on the Friday, allows time to be used mentoring other students while rest of group do activity.
– Brainpopuk: daily video, links to lots of other curriculum areas
– Sporcle: quizzes can be made by students or completed by the whole tutor group by guessing particular words for a variety of categories