Published on July 5th, 2011 | by Mark Anderson1
South West Grid for Learning Conference 2011 #swgfl11
Today was the 13th conference held at UWE, Bristol. The event was attended by what seemed like well over 500 people and there was inspiration abound. In my following posts I’m going to break down some of the seminars, keynotes and experiences I had today at the conference.
It was, as it always has been in my experience, a real breath of fresh air after a long academic year, leaving me bristling with new ideas and ways to engage, inspire and energise learning in my classroom and beyond.
Key messages though seemed to be:
· More risk taking
· Use the power in students pockets with their own devices
· Don’t be afraid to use things like Facebook and other social networking
· Give students private places
· Mix it up between digital and analogue
· Capture everything / especially learning taking place
· Create a new pedagogy by passing on real challenges to students
Notes to follow on:
Thanks to all of the organisers of the event for a cracking day and for my school for allowing me to attend.