The lovely Kat Crocker spoke about rocketing up your tutor group. She spoke about top tips for tutor time and things that have worked well at Clevedon School…
- go vertical
- give them jobs to do
- get organised by tracking students carefully
- plan your time together, quality time
- predict the news: watch the news and then predict what the news will be on the Friday, allows time to be used mentoring other students while rest of group do activity.
- Brainpopuk: daily video, links to lots of other curriculum areas
- Sporcle: quizzes can be made by students or completed by the whole tutor group by guessing particular words for a variety of categories